Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What do you do with left over bread?

Make Croutons !



Here's the deal I can not throw anything away. So I save all my left over bread (buns, crusts from sandwich bread I cut into dinosaur shapes for my son) and store it in the fridge until I have a large bag full. The rest is easy.

  • Cut bread into cubes.
  • Drizzle with olive oil.
  • Sprinkle with your favorite seasonings (I use Italian seasoning).
  • Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
  • Mix bread gently until evenly coated.
  • Spread bread out on baking pan.
  • Bake at 300 stirring often until bread is crispy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I'm going to start doing this. I only eat light bread and I've never found light croutons. Now I can make my own! Thanks!

 
Restored 316 Designs