Thursday, January 8, 2009

Freezer-Pleaser



This is my favorite Ziti and Lasagna sauce. I don't recommend this recipe for spaghetti the sauce is just to thick. I always double this recipe and freeze into container to use when I make baked ziti. For those of you who use venison. This recipe camouflages the taste of the venison.

  • 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef (I use ground venison)
  • 2 lbs. Italian sausage
  • 1/2 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 t garlic powder, or more to taste
  • 1t Italian seasoning, or more to taste
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 29-ounce cans tomato sauce
  • 1 6-ounce can tomato paste

Brown ground beef and sausage in a large pot. Add onion and seasons and continue to cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until onion is browned. Drain off all fat. Add the tomato sauce and paste simmer for about 15 minutes. Dived into freezer containers.

No comments:

 
Restored 316 Designs