Saturday, December 13, 2008

Taco Meat

Taco Meat

This is one of my favorite bulk cooking freezer recipes. My family loves tacos, taco salad, and nachos. We seem to have taco night once a week. So I make a big batch of this recipe and freeze in meal size portions. When I want to have tacos for dinner all I have to do is thaw it and warm it up. This saves me so much time on those busy weeknights.
  • 3 medium onions, diced
  • 5 lbs ground beef 
  • 3 cups salsa
  • 3 pks or 3/4 cup taco seasoning
  • 41/2 t brown sugar
  • 3 4oz cans green chiles
  • 1 T garlic powder
  • 1 1/2 t salt
  • 3/4 t pepper
  • 3/4 t red pepper flakes
  • 2 cups water
Brown ground meat and onion. Drain grease. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Simmer for about 30 minutes. Cool meat mixture and divide into meal size portions. Freeze.

No comments:

 
Restored 316 Designs