Thursday, May 14, 2009

Freezer-Pleaser Italian Beef





This recipe is one of my favorites from my favorite cook books Don't" Panic - Dinner's in the Freezer: Great-Tasting Meals You Can Make Ahead. I made a few changes to the recipe to make it easier for me to cook. It came out great. This is spicy so I would not call it kid friendly but sometimes I need a break from tacos and pasta dishes. LOL! Here is the recipe.

2-3 lb. roast
2 onions, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
2 16 oz jars sliced Pepperoncini pepper with juice
1/2 cup water
1 t. ground pepper

Cut roast into 4 pieces. Place into crock pot. Add next 4 ingredients and sprinkle with pepper on top. Cook in crock pot 5-6 hours. When meat has finished cooking remove and shred. Return meat to crock pot on warm and cook for 1 hour longer. Cool mixture and divide into meal size potions and freeze.

When ready to eat. Thaw meat and reheat. Top French rolls with Italian beef and a slice of Provolone cheese. Place under broiler until cheese melts. Serve.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

That looks so yummy :)

Heather N. said...

That sounds so tasty, and looks even better. I can't wait to try this one!

Amy said...

I love the Don't Panic cookbook too. It's my favorite freezer cookbook at my library. Maybe I should ask for it or their new one for Christmas.

 
Restored 316 Designs