Monday, January 19, 2009

Freezer-Pleaser



I wanted to share with you one of the things I do when I buy boneless chicken breasts at a good price. Instead of just putting the chicken in the freezer. I go ahead and prep it. This saves so much time later. Here is what I do.

  1. I cut and trim fat from chicken.

  2. I cover chicken and pound flat until it is the same thickness(this helps it to cook evenly).

  3. I divide chicken into meal size portion place in freeze bag and cover with one of my favorite marinades.(I used Lawry's in the photo)

  4. Label freezer bags and freeze flat.

  5. When I am ready to cook it. I will thaw the chicken over night in the refrigerator. (This will allow the chicken to marinate.) I will either grill the chicken outside or on my George Foreman grill. It's so easy and time saving!
* I bought this chicken when it was on sale for $1.88 lb. The marinade was $.50. So I was able to get meat for 5 meals for a little over $10.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw another Blog with similar idea, but she threw it frozzen in the crock pot. These look like a great idea!

 
Restored 316 Designs